360° View 3D Model (Click & Drag)
Tooth Block Kit – 16 mm System
TOOTH BLOCK SYSTEM
The patent pending tooth block system is a total game changer for modular fixturing. During our development process we benchmarked all major existing brands and found their approach to positioning and adjustment were always lacking the same features. Here’s the questions we asked ourselves and how we addressed them.
Does the fixture stay in a fixed position? While allowing distance adjustment? While providing a positive locking position that won’t move when bumped?
- You can secure the table and fixture using a solid hole to hole connection but then you have no adjustment.
- If you use the fixture slots for distance adjustment, you are relying on friction between table and fixture to hold the fixture in place.
- Metal on metal surfaces are low friction, especially machined surfaces.
- Relying on friction means that to increase the holding force you need to increase the clamping pressure between the table and fixture BUT ball bearing style clamping bolts are not optimized for pressure
- If you use the slots to set your fixture distance, all it takes is a bump to knock your fixture out of alignment.
- A slot provides “infinite” adjustment but often you want incremental adjustments.
The tooth block system addresses all these problems at once.
The steps in our tooth blocks and locating washers work with the table holes to place the fixture right where you intend. The teeth pitch and bolt system let you create positive locking stops at set increments. The tooth blocks are designed to always provide a full range of adjustment while always maintaining two points of contact that are square with system holes. The standard range and increment we use in the “FM Series” blocks for inch spaced tables is adjustment from 0 – 50 mm in 3 mm increments.
By adjusting the hole position on our tooth washer relative to the teeth, it’s also possible to get a 1.5 mm to 49 mm range with 3 mm increments where every increment falls on a 16th instead of an 8th.
The tooth block is a foundational modular component. Combine it with other Fireball system components other features not possible with other modular fixture systems.
- Create larger angle and squares
- Orient the teeth vertically to provide incremented height adjustment that is positively locked into place.
- Positive locking in horizontal plane allows fine placement of side push clamps. Current side push clamps need to be locked directly into a table hole to withstand side clamping forces due to lack of positive locking on slotted components.
Other brands supply standard fixtures that don’t measure up to how you’re supposed to work.
A lot of brands sell fixture kits with their tables that are not designed to accommodate full adjustment range while still being bolted into two table system holes.
This means that if you need any adjustment away from the table’s fixed grid, the fixture is only able to use a single table hole for bolting. This makes it more cumbersome to square up with the table and very easy to bump the fixture and rotate it out of position.
For example, standard right angle brackets or slotted brackets only allow you to use one bolt when trying to achieve variable fixture distance.
You may also like
If you need to return or exchange an item, please contact us
with your order number and details about the product you would like to return or exchange. We will respond with instructions for how to proceed from there. Returns will be accepted within 30 days of receiving it. No returns on tools or any components that have been modified outside of Fireball Tool.
Love your Fireball Tools Guarantee
100% satisfaction guarantee – 30 Day Return Policy
If for any reason within your first 30 days you don’t love them, you can send them back.
(Not valid for Table Toppers or Plates)
Send a message