What Makes Our Squares The Best
What Makes Fireball Squares The Best?
Whether you’re a beginner, hobbyist, or professional welder, we’ve all ran into the same issues in fabrication. I don’t know about you, but I’m getting pretty sick and tired of my material warping when I weld. It’s almost like everyone just accepts the imperfection. But why settle for less? Fireball squares are awesome because you’re able to clamp to a flat surface for an easy and accurate 45 or 90 degree weld.
- The original Monster Square is available in a 300mm or 200mm size with two material choices.
- The Monster Square is designed to quickly set your work piece to 90 or 45 degrees.
- Clamping is simple with multiple surfaces for quick and rigid attachment.
- Use the radius on the tabs to use the Monster Square as a traditional speed square for layout.
- Use it as an ordinary, adjustable angle square that adjusts from 40 to 180 degrees.
- Right Angle 90 Degree Square with generous weld accessibility. Total height of 200mm in this configuration.
- Tall 300mm square when fully opened and locked into place
- Remove the fasteners to get two individual squares
- Use the large V-groove to hold large round tubing or pipe
Cast Iron vs Aluminium
4 Edge Location Tabs
Our revolutionary tabs allow you to align your material up so that you don’t even need a welding table! Don’t spend thousands on a flat table, just use our squares! Tighten the tabs onto the front or back of your square and you can immediately get to work. Sure, there are different jigs out there, but can they line your material perfectly in seconds?
4 Tool-less Thumbscrews
But it doesn’t stop there. We reinvented the game by introducing our thumbscrews. Say goodbye to your hex keys and Allen screwdrivers and freely adjust the tabs with only your fingers!
Install our edge alignment pins on any square to create a large, overhanging edge which can be used to index the square on a different plane. Depending on the square, this allows you to create edges which are 90 degrees (perpendicular), 45 degrees, parallel, and even 60 and 30 degrees from the edge.
- Use it with our Monster Squares to create a speed square for layout.
- Use it to hang the square off the edge of a table for working vertical or perpendicular to table surface.
- Use it to elevate the squares off the ground or table for extra clearance when you’re fitting and welding entire frames.
- Tip! If trying to create a parallel edge with the Mega Square for marking, use our shims to get that perfect distance!
Flange & Web
- 300mm squares have a profile similar to an I Beam where the web is centered on the flanges.
- 200mm squares are similar to a “C” channel where the web is off to one side of the flange.
Resistant Black Oxide Coating
What is Black Oxide?
Black Oxide, blackening, oxidizing, oxiding, black passivating, gun bluing… these terms all refer to the process of forming a black iron oxide on the surface of ferrous metals.
The black oxide process is a chemical conversion coating. This means that the black oxide is not deposited on the surface of the substrate like nickel or zinc electroplating. Instead, the black oxide coating is produced by a chemical reaction between the iron on the surface of the ferrous metal and the oxidizing salts present in the black oxide solution. These oxidizing salts include penetrates, catalysts, activators and proprietary additives which all take part in the chemical reaction. The result of this chemical reaction is the formation of black iron oxide, magnetite (Fe3O4), on the surface of the metal being coated. Black oxide has a range of unique properties and benefits including corrosion protection & reduced friction.